Tuesday, August 31, 2010

[Dip] Basil Yogurt & Spicy Salsa


Happy Merdeka!

What a wonderful way of celebrating this quiet public holiday - a bunch of us gathered at Jenna's house to watch the Twilight Saga series. When there are movie marathons, there are chips. And when there are chips, there has to be dips! So with Jenna's last minute request, I went through my fridge to see what I could come up with...


Basil Yogurt Dip



Ingredients:
- 8 oz sugar-free Natural Yogurt
- sweet Basil leaves, chopped
- Garlic, chopped

- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste

Simply mix in the Basil and chopped garlic together in a bowl. Fold in the yogurt and mix thoroughly until the leaves are evenly seen. Add in the lemon juice and salt then stir. Decorate with some basil stem. Voila! Simple and delicious!


Spicy Salsa Dip



Ingredients:
- 2 regular red Tomatoes
- 5 yellow Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Chili Padi's

- 3 Garlic cloves

- 1 Shallot
- 2 stalks Thyme leaves

- 2 tsp Lemon juice


Simply chop everything into small cubes and place them into a food blender (other than the yellow cherry tomatoes). Do not blend for too long because you wouldn't want to be getting Salsa juice in the end. Finally stir in the finely diced yellow cherry tomatoes. Garnish with some Thyme.

The Basil yogurt dip is pretty quick 'n easy. On top of that, it had to yummylicious for two bowls of it to be finished off in such a short period of time compared to the salsa. Just in case you were wondering, yes, I do eat yogurt. In fact, I like yogurt very much. I don't drink milk for health reasons, I never really liked milk anyway, but I don't mind yogurt and other products which contain traces of milk. Like cheese, I don't mind eating it, just not too much of it. So I suppose only the Salsa dip would be suitable for the pure vegans.

Have fun chippin' and dippin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment