Sunday, August 1, 2010

[Detox Smoothie] Kiss Monday


My unhealthy sitting-on-the-chair-facing-the-computer-from-9 to 5 job has made me aware of my eating habits and therefore I can be rather picky and health conscious when it comes to my daily meals during the weekdays. However, I will not refuse to ignore my sweet tooth during the weekends. Weekends are usually the time where I treat myself with whatever I want to eat, in appropriate portions.


So after a weekend full of junkies, I like to start my week with an energy-boosting and detoxifying beverage to get rid of all that toxins accumulated during the weekend. Start your Monday mornings with a Kiss Monday. This simple recipe taken on an empty stomach in the morning will help you flush out the unwanted junks by noon. I usually drink this at about 8.30-9am and my stomach will start stirring by the time I arrive at the office, which means, toilet time!



Here are the ingredients (serves one):

- 1/2 cup (120ml) drinking water
- 1 newly ripen Kiwi fruits, diced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed into juice
- 5 small-medium sized strawberries cut into halves
- 2 tbs raw honey (some vegans do not consume honey so this is optional)


Blend in everything together and VOILA!

I especially adore the luscious kiss of pink that the strawberries give to the smoothie, simply gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment