Friday, October 22, 2010

Dinner for the Boyfriend

My used-to-be carnivorous boyfriend has recently grown to like vegetables ever since his girlfriend became a vegetarian. Elton has been practicing hard with his band for the competition this weekend so I decided to cook dinner for him, a quick and simple one too because he was hungry.

I like this one only because it looks pretty, thank you precious metal plate, I adore you so much because you are so pretty and convenient, I can easily heat anything up on you on the stove! *hugs metal plate*



I blanched the Kai Lan in water and added some tofu, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce and fried garlic to it. Elton loved it :) yay!

A couple of days ago I decided to make use of the Aubergine and organic French Beans I bought over the weekend, so I cooked them with Sambal. A little too spicy though but was great with rice.


Simply fry a quarter of an onion (chopped) until brown. Add in the french beans and aubergine slices followed by sauteed garlic. In a separate pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of chili giling (ready-packed) then add in a little water and juice from 2 limes. Combine the chili and vegetables together and voila!

Easy peasy veggies are my boyfriend's favourite, and definitely mine too - since they consume less time to cook and hardly go wrong :P

No comments:

Post a Comment